Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weekend Update

Friday was western day at Emma Kate's school. The school was selling hats and bandanas for the kids to wear. Here is Emma Kate Friday morning.
















Emma Kate's elementary school has a 32 year tradition of hosting the Westwood Round-Up. It is a carnival-type fundraiser with face painting, pony rides (which had to be cancelled this year because of the rain), bouncy slides, bingo, popcorn, cotton candy and a bake sale. The event is hosted at the school and is open to the community. It was our first time and all four of us enjoyed spending a couple of hours there.











































After the Round-Up I was on a quest to find some cute summer outfits for Mackenzie and Emma Kate. (I've had a bad case of the baby bug lately, and really needed to pick out something cute for little Mackenzie).

I am always drooling over catalogs of sweet church dresses for little girls with their monogram or initial. However, I just can't bring myself (nor can I really afford) to pay $50 or $60 for a dress Emma Kate may only wear a few times. Mom and I were talking about this and she mentioned that a friend of hers buys regular clothes and takes them to someone who can do the embroidery. Well . . . duh!!! Why didn't I think of that?? So, I picked up these two cute outfits at Carters and took them to a place in the mall to have the letter stitched on. Each outfit cost me $20. What do you think?

This afternoon Emma Kate went to Grandie and Poppie's after church to play with her cousin Berkley. Alan, Alden and I went to pick up a few things and then I did something I almost never do . . . I went shopping for myself. I am constantly complaining about the pathetic shape of my wardrobe, but I never really shop for myself. Usually I only head to the mall or a department store if I need to find something specific for an event. But today I was in a shopping mood and picked up 4 tops and a pair of pants. Not bad.
Hope everyone has a great week!!!
*
Please forgive the weird spacing and the layout. Every time I add pictures to my post it all goes crazy. I'm still trying to figure it all out.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you treated yourself to something fun!

    What a great idea your mom had! The embroidered clothes are adorable.

    The space thing on Blogger is a pain. It helps to go into the html tab when you are writing a post, or to go back and edit, and then you can see the spaces that have been put there and delete them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two outfits at a place being monogrammed... I got them on sale last summer at gymboree... a bubble and a dress! I always think a monogram adds a little something special. :)

    ReplyDelete