Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Randomness of the Week

Here are a few random pictures of the week so far . . .

On Monday Alan and I went to Emma Kate's school to eat lunch with her. We had originally planned to go last Friday, but I needed to take Alden to the doctor that day. So, we brought her Moes and ate a very quick lunch from 10:45 to 11:15. Seriously, 10:45.

Emma Kate was so proud we were there with her. It was a treat for all of us.
















I took Alden to see our pediatrician last week because his "little cough" had turned into a nasty cough with wheezing. The doctor said he has allergies and we are back on daily breathing treatments. Alden has a tendency to wheeze any time he gets a little cough or sniffle. Dr. V says he has sensitive bronchial tubes. It doesn't slow him down, but it can sound pretty scary. If he continues to have these problems he will be referred to an allergist after he turns 2 to be tested for asthma. :(

Bless his heart, he loves taking a breathing treatment. As soon as he sees me pull out the nebulizer he gets excited and plops right down on the floor to "play". It's cute.




















I don't know where Emma Kate learned about sponge rollers, but she has been asking for them for a couple of weeks. When we were at Mimi and Papa's last weekend we pulled out the ooooooold (and I mean, O-L-D) sponge rollers my sisters and I used when we were little. Mom sent them home with us and we tried them out this week. (Very unsanitary, I'm sure, to use decades old hair rollers).






I have no idea why I didn't take an "after" picture. Her hair was pretty cute, but not as curly as she would have liked. Maybe we'll pick up some fresh rollers this weekend and try again. :)


Today I'm feeling like a big pile of crapola. Scratchy throat, runny nose. I don't have allergies (I think) so it's just a cold. I'm praying I can make through the next 2 days until the weekend.


Next week is our spring break!!! Woo hoo!!! The kids and I have some fun plans - sidewalk chalk, planting some flowers (this may be a little ambitious), going to the library. So, I hope to have some fun things to report.


I ask anyone who may read this to please say a prayer for my grandmother. She is in the hospital with gallbladder issues and pancreatitis. My dad has gone to Savannah to be with her and I hope to get an update soon. The doctor says she is very sick. Please pray for her comfort and quick healing.

1 comment:

  1. Mendy, I'm so sad to hear about your Grandmother. Of course she is in my prayers.

    I hope that you are feeling better. And Alden, too! That must be scary when he gets those times when it is hard to breathe. Some kids do grow out of it, so hopefully that will happen.

    Emma Kate is too cute in those sponge rollers!

    Have a wonderful Easter holiday and spring break. Our break was this week and we had a great time - went to the beach on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete