I have a few things in the works, but am hesitant to put them out "there" ("there" being the huge blog-o-sphere which consists of millions of people. True, I'm certain only about a dozen of them actually read this blog, but ya never know.) You see, I don't want to go on and on about the goals I'm setting and tasks I will conquer just in case I later say, "yeah, never mind". Which is totally possible.
So, I'm going to start small. I'm going to share a little goal. I think it will make me feel more accountable that it's out "there". But please don't judge me when if I very slyly never mention if I never reach my goal because I got distracted, decided I didn't care any more, or just copped out. Deal?
Here it goes.
I am currently training to run a 5K.
Okay, stop laughing. Seriously, stop.
I'm certain your laughing because a) I used the word "training" as if a measly 3.1 miles is some great feat or b) you actually know me in real life and therefore know how this experiment is likely to end.
Alan says it's this kind of talk that holds me back. What does he know?
I have always admired runners. The endurance and discipline it takes to run mile after mile. I think it's awesome. Please don't misunderstand, my admiration for runners in NO WAY means that I actually care to run half marathons or marathons. Why would I do that to myself? No thanks.
But, once upon a time, I used to jog . . . a little. I never timed myself or really even had any idea of what kind of distance I was going, but I'm estimating it to be 3-4 miles. That's where I want to be again. Fit enough to get out and jog a few miles. Just for me.
Oddly enough, this goal isnt' even about weight loss. Although I'm constantly in a state of wanting to lose about 15 pounds - this goal is just for the sake of doing it. Saying I ran 3.1 miles. Surely, losing 15 pounds would make reaching this goal a little easier and if it happens - great- but if not then that's okay, too.
The idea of this post has been rolling around in my head for several weeks. I envisioned adding a picture of my cute new running shoes to the post, but alas, there are no new shoes yet. Those babies are expensive!!! I just haven't been able to bring myself to that point of commitment yet. But keep watching . . . maybe they will come.
For now I'm going to keep moving forward on my training schedule. I'm currently on week 4 of a 12 week program. Last night was the first really challenging run. But it was AWESOME!!! It's a great feeling doing this for myself.
So, when you're saying your prayers do me a favor and ask Jesus to give me a little help. Because I'm certain I will only be able to do this with His help. :)

Go Mendy! I am cheering you on from good ol VA. Can't wait to see the cute new running shoes.
ReplyDeleteYou go girl! :) I know you can do it.. I've witnessed it first hand!!
ReplyDelete