We celebrated a great Memorial Day. Alan and I spent the morning watching a tribute to P.O.W.s on the military channel. We each fought back tears as we listened to amazing men tell their unbelieveable stories. I am so proud of this country, of my dad, of my husband, of all men and women who are serving so that we can be free. So that others can be free. The sacrifices they make and that their families make are inspiring. What great examples of the human spirit are shown in our service men and women! Our family thanks you!
We hosted an impromptu cookout at our house Monday afternoon. We are so very blessed to have a great group of Christian friends. We get together all the time. Our kids play great together and we truly enjoy their company. These are the friends that prayed with me when I was in the hospital last summer, showered us with gifts when Alden was born and are walking with us in the journey of parenthood. I appreciate them so much.
Here is the grill master.
Kim and Tim brought this great waterslide for the kids to play on.
Alden spent the entire afternoon watching the big kids. He was very interested, but didn't want to try it himself. I was suprised he didn't dive right in.
The mother hens.

awweee.. I wish I was on that lawn with you. :(
ReplyDeleteYour new blog looks great! You day looked like so much fun, I'm so happy you have such good friends near by! :o)
ReplyDelete