I had hoped to get this post up yesterday, but it has been all I can do this week to get through each evening. I started my summer work schedule this week (Monday – Thursday, 10 hrs). I forgot what an adjustment it is going from an 8 hour day to a 10 hour day. I have been moody, cranky, tearful and just plain exhausted. I remember feeling this way the first week of summer last year as well. I know next week will be better. However, I may need to sleep all day on Friday just to survive!
Yesterday Alan and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary. Wow!!! I can’t tell you how proud I am of our marriage!! I won’t bore you with the details of our dating life or describe each detail of our wedding day. Those were both exciting times in our lives, but I feel that we have now gotten to a really great point. We are building a life together and WE ARE LOVING IT!!!!
Of all the trials life may throw at us, I can honestly tell you that I am 100% confident in my rock solid marriage. Alan and I discuss this often and we both know exactly how the other feels. We have a genuine respect for each other. We care for each others needs and make each other a priority in our lives. We carve out time for each other during our hectic schedules. We say “Thank you” and “I love you”. We laugh together. We apologize when we have hurt each other. To be honest, these qualities come pretty easy to us and they certainly contribute to our happiness but they don’t make our marriage solid.
Our marriage is rock solid for one reason. Alan and I love the Lord and we have asked God to be a part of our marriage. We have each turned to Him and asked for strength to make our marriage stronger and to help us be the kind of husband and wife He wants us to be. I can tell you without a doubt that God has worked in our hearts and changed us IN AN INSTANT. I have seen first hand that God’s power and love are so great that He would hear our specific prayers and change what is broken in us. God is the creator of marriage and He desires to be a part of it!
I’m sure I sound pretty arrogant since in the grand scheme of things 9 years isn’t THAT long. No doubt that we are still early in our journey. But wondering, “Will we make it?” is not something we worry about. We have no doubts. We worry about raising our children and making the right choices for them. We worry about jobs. We worry about paying for college and braces and cars. But our marriage is not a worry it is a JOY and we are looking forward to enjoying it for the rest of our lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So Sweet! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary from one June bride to another!! And congrats on your joyful marriage!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary and Congrats on 9 years! May your marriage continue to grow with God. :o>
ReplyDelete