Monday, June 1, 2009

A little bit of this. A little bit of that.



WARNING: PICTURE OVERLOAD!!!!!!


I have been a total slacker this past week with the blog. I really wish I could commit to a daily post, but that's just not realistic. I have plenty of thoughts floating around in this little brain of mine and always lots to say, but between work and kids I just don't always have the time.
Since I am so far behind on my posts this is going to a looooooooong post.

Don't say I didn't warn you. Pull up a chair, settle down with a nice drink and enjoy.

Emma Kate's kindergarten class had a small end of the year show for the parents the last week of school. They sang songs, read poems and showed us all they have learned this year. For any of you whose kids are not yet in kindergarten let me just tell you to hold on to your pants!!! I have truly been blown away by all she has learned this year. They really are little sponges.

So much of her curriculum I wouldn't have even thought to introduce at this age. In fact just tonight she looked at Alan and I and announced "Watermelon is a compound word." Um, hello!!! After I thought for a second and reached back into the basement of my brain to remember what a compound word is I lavished praise on her.


Emma Kate


Emma Kate's Kindergarten Class
Emma Kate with her teacher (left), Mrs. Adams and her Parapro (right), Mrs. Reed

*************************
The other evening Alan walked into the kitchen to find this:
BUSTED!!!!

"But, Dad, let me explain. You see, I just wanted to crawl on top of the kitchen table to get a snack. No big deal."


"Okay, I'll get down. Sheesh"


************************
Emma's school had FUN DAYS during the last week of school (I guess they have to come up with something to keep the kids entertained). The school rented 3 huge inflatable bouncy things and the kids ran wild. I volunteered for a shift to watch the kids.

These girls are so precious.

Emma Kate and her reading buddy, Hannah. Emma Kate adores Hannah and shed many tears on the last day of school because Hannah graduated to the middle school.


Emma Kate and her friend Emily.


Emma Kate and Natalie on the inflatable obstacle course. Of course, there is always time to stop and pose for a cute picture.


***************************

In our house we usually hold hands when we say the blessing. But somehow Alden began folding his hands for prayer. Now all we have to do is tell him we are going to pray and he does this.



How adorable is that?

**************************

Here are a few shot of Emma Kate on the last day of school. I'm not sure why the lighting is so weird.





*************************

This past weekend we went to Mom and Dad's for Mackenzie's (my niece) baptism. We hadn't been in nearly 6 weeks which is a long time for us to go without seeing everyone.

This is my Granny playing with Mackenzie - her great granddaughter.
We ran off and left Emma Kate's church dress hanging in her closet so we had to go buy one for her on Saturday. I was thrilled to find this cute polka dot dress at Kohls for $9.00!! Thankyouverymuch. We had to have our traditional fashion show which we do anytime we buy new clothes. Since Ginny and Caitlin were both wearing dresses to church as well Emma Kate insisted that they participate in the fashion show.


Such good Aunts.


Saturday night the entire family was at Mom and Dad's for dinner. The entire family consists of my mom and dad, Alan & I, our 2 kids and our dog Millie, Ginny, Chris, Mackenzie and their dog Darwin, Caitlin and Mack and their dog Sunday and my grandparents, Granny and Doe Doe.

(Yes, we call my grandfather Doe Doe. If you don't know the story then you'll just have to wait for another day. It's too long to explain right now.)

The whole crowd was out in the backyard after dinner. It really was a sight. The "boys" (Alan, Chris and Mack) were playing with the kids bat and ball. Alden was swinging in the swing. The dogs were running around wild. My dog, Millie, might have even ran a few houses down causing Alan to go chasing after her. I really can't be sure about that part. The neighbor's dog, MoJo, stood at the edge of her yard barking her fool head off.

At one point, Ginny turned to me and said, "We really are our own freak show."

Well said, Ginny.

Everyone, meet Captain Grumpy Pants.
Otherwise know as little boy who was WAY off his sleeping schedule.


I believe Aunt Mendy has the knack for putting babies to sleep.
(Please excuse the lack of make-up.)


Doe Doe and Alden.

Doe Doe, Alden and Mack

Papa and Mackenzie.


Mackenzie was baptized in the same church that me and both of my sisters were married in and by the same minister.


Mackenzie wore the christening gown that my mom and grandmother made for me when I was a baby. Both of my sisters, two cousins and Emma Kate have worn this gown.


What a good looking family!
Chris, Mackenzie and Ginny

Mom, Chris, Mackenzie, Ginny and Dad

I couldn't resist getting a picture of my family outside the church on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. This is the same spot I took pictures with my bridesmaids nearly 9 years ago!

Mack and Caitlin

After church Chris' parents hosted a lovely party to celebrate Mackenzie. Chris' sister, Joanne, flew in from Boston to be here as well. It was wonderful.

This beautiful cake was made by the lady who made all of our wedding cakes. She is unbelievably talented and doesn't charge nearly enough.


Emma Kate and her baby cousin Mackenzie.


*************************
Now that our weekly activities are over for the summer I'm hoping to be able to commit more time to blogging. Also, I'm expecting to be hearing from the blog designer any day now to give my blog an awesome new look. I can't wait!!

2 comments:

  1. Emma is growing up so fast..! Alden is precious.... Thanks for the update. It's so good to see my brother. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well worth the read!!! Emma Kate has grown up so much...Holly Compound Word! I knew she was gifted! :o> Alden is adorable, I LOVE the busted look! Hee hee! Mackenzie is looks precious, what a sweet new family! Keep the updates coming and don't sweat the daily updates, life happens, we get that, its cool. :o>

    ps. I think your blog looks GREAT! I can't imagine it getting cuter! :o>

    ReplyDelete