This past weekend our neighborhood enjoyed a cookout. Our subdivision has a total of 12 houses. It is one little cul-de-sac. Alan and I have lived her for 7 years and this is the first time we've done a neighborhood cookout. It was a huge success! Everyone was there except for 2 families who were out of town. I think it's kind of sad that I don't know my neighbors better. Life is too hectic and busy and this was a nice evening to relax and visit.
The theme was Western and these little cuties looked wonderful!!!
These are our new, but WONDERFUL friends Derek and Melissa. Melissa was the organizer of this event. We've lived in the same subdivision for several years but didn't get to know each other until just recently. Such a shame!! They are the kind of people you immediately feel very comfortable around. We joke now that we stalk each other because we're always on the lookout to see if each others garage door is up. If so then you can bet we'll be heading over for a visit!
It was so neat to listen to Mike, Howard and Cody play some music for us!
There was so much yummy food to eat!!!!


The kiddos played so well together!
The guys played a few games of horse shoes.
People started making their way down the hill a little before six and I finally had to drag my kids home at nearly eleven - and we weren't the last to leave!!! I would say it was a hit!! We plan to do it again in the fall.


Emma Kate looks so cute in her cowgirl hat!
ReplyDeleteHow nice! What a great family subdivision! :o>
ReplyDeleteThat looks like so much fun!! If my neighborhood did that, it would probably look more like a circus on crack.
ReplyDeleteBahahahahaha!!! Ginny I love you. It may be small town but at least you have those wonderful summer memories with your neighborhood friends.
ReplyDelete