Monday, January 11, 2010

Home Sick

These are the days it's tough being a working mom. Alden is sick - again - and I have to determine if I should keep him home or send him to daycare. I have an obligation to work, but I also have an obligation to Alden and to the other kids in daycare. Sometimes it's hard to decide what to do. I can't keep him home for every little sniffle and cough, but I hate the idea of him needing me while he's at daycare.


Alden is a trooper. As often as he is sick, it rarely gets him down. I can't always base my decision to keep him home or take him to daycare on how he "feels". However, today I feel confident that the rattling cough and yucky nose is a good indication of germs and we are staying here. I am waiting to hear back from the pediatricians office to know if I can get a refill on his last antibiotic or if we need to go to the doctors office. I'm hoping for the first.

So, todays agenda calls for medication, comfort food and snuggly time on the couch with mommy.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. So looks like those camo sweatpants came in handy?

    ReplyDelete