Sunday, May 2, 2010

Mary Poppins



Yesterday Emma Kate, mom and I met up in Atlanta to see the Broadway musical production of Mary Poppins. I was very excited to take EK to her first trip to the Fox Theater in Atlanta. I have seen several shows there over the years and I love being in downtown Atlanta and going to this beautiful theater! I hope this is something we will be able to do together for years to come.





I felt like a cheesy tourist carrying my big camera around, but I wanted to get a few pics and since I brought it with me I definitely didn't want to leave it in the car. I snapped this picture above as we were walking across the street.



I'm not super confident about driving in downtown Atl. and navigating the very crowded streets, but I think I handled it pretty well. There was even a Braves game yesterday afternoon which made everything twice as busy. One day, I would love to park and walk around Atlanta visiting the stores and restaurants. (Alan will have a stroke when he reads this, because downtown Atl. is the LAST place he would want to stroll through - he is always a police officer).



Here is my sweet Buggy as we are walking in. Again, cheesy tourist - but there was no way I wasn't going to get her picture.


When we got into the theater I wasn't sure if we could take pictures, but I saw a few flashes so I tried to snap some EK in her seat. This little old lady usher nearly tripped over herself to tell me to put my camera away. I quickly apolgized, but continued to get the stink eye from her. I think she takes her job VERY seriously.

The show was really great! This production had some tweaks to the original movie. There was more background info about Mr. and Mrs. Banks and a few extra characters. But the music and acting was wonderful! It was supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!!!


Here is mom and Emma Kate after the show. The Sound of Music will be at the Fox the weekend of Emma Kate's birthday. We will definitely be planning a trip to see that!!!


post signature

3 comments:

  1. How sweet! Maybe one day we can take our girls together. ;) Love the new photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a GREAT trip! I LOVE the Fox and wished I had gone more growing up in a state with such an incredible landmark. Emma Kate is lucky to have such great experiences with such a great family! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this sounds like so much fun. It was playing here and a few friends went and loved it!

    ReplyDelete