Our school district has faced some serious budget cuts the last couple of years and one way to help the loss of funds is to cut back on busing. So, in order to accomodate all the schools the start times have changed significantly since last year. The bell rings at EK's school at 8:25 am - 40 minutes later than last year. Since I have to be at work at 7:30 and Alan doesn't get off work until 7:15 am we are doing some fancy juggling to get her there. Alan usually meets me at work to get EK and they kill about 30 minutes before he drops her off. So far it's working fine. Fortunately, my boss if flexible and I know I could leave work to take her if I had to.
This is riveting news isn't it? I know I haven't blogged in several weeks so it seems I should have more interesting things to share. Sorry. I don't. School times are big news in our house.
Fortunately, Alan didn't have to go to work on EK's first day. He snapped a few pictures.
Um, not exactly the best picture, but I'm glad he tried. She looks elated.
EK was pretty excited about starting 2nd grade. My cell phone was burning up the weekend before as all the moms texted around to find out who was in their child's class. It was great to know these two sweeties would also be in Emma Kate's class. EK and the little girl in the middle have now been in the same class 3 years in a row!
Emma Kate really likes her new teacher. I think it's going to be another great year!


No comments:
Post a Comment