Monday, December 27, 2010

A Christmas Montage


I am so very blessed to have 2 weeks off of work at Christmas.  I treasure this time and look forward to it every year.  I try to plan fun things, but also enjoy some time to sit back and relax.

Each year I make Christmas cookies with the kids during our break.  We usually have a friend or cousin with us.  This year we invited our old neighbors to come over.  Here is Mollie and Emma Kate and some of our beautiful yummies.


 
Another Christmas tradition is my Ya-Ya dinner.  What are ya-yas?  Ya-yas are a special kind of lifelong friends.  I met these girls in college (nearly 15 years ago) and they are each so special and precious to me.  We get together every year for a Christmas dinner and ornament exchange.  We don't get to see each other nearly as often as we would like, but this is one tradition I try to never miss.

 

We spent Christmas at my parents house this year.  It took a lot of coordinating and planning to get all of our gifts there, but it all worked out.  My sister, BIL and neice Mackenzie also spent the night so Santa had 3 little ones to leave presents for.  It was wonderful watching each of them!

  



All Christmas day we kept hearing from family and friends all the snow our town was getting.  While I was so glad to be with my family on Christmas I have to admit I was a little bummed that we were missing a white Christmas.  But we were not disappointed!!!  Christmas evening the snow started falling at mom and dads!!



I hope you felt the peace and hope of this Christmas season with the ones you love.


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Great post! The family pic in front of the house is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete