Big snow.
It's not the blizzard of '93 (which dumped about 20 inches of snow here), but it's more snow than I've seen in a long, long time. We got nearly 8 inches! That's just crazy.
We got so much snow that school has been cancelled ALL WEEK!!! It's been one laaaaazy week for this crew. Lots of movies and popcorn. Just today did I start really feeling the cabin fever. I am NOT someone who always feels the need to be on the go. No, no. I am perfectly happy with some down time. However, even I have my limits.
What better excuse to get out of the house than to go munch on some yummy mexican food? I'm terrified to drive on the roads (even though most of the main ones are fine) so I had Alan take us all to lunch before he had to go to work.
We don't really have the right clothes to spend all afternoon out in the snow, but we made do with the kids new rainboots and wind pants.
The only downer has been that Alan wasn't able to spend much of the days with us. I'm not usually one for playing in the snow (I just let Alan do that while I take pictures), but since Alan had to go to work I did venture out with the kids to make a little snowman. Sorry no pictures. The snow is so deep that it just dumps into Alden's boots every time he takes a step. We only had a limited amount of time before I had to bring the kids back in to defrost. I never made it back out to take a picture.
Tomorrow we will be leaving the snow behind us and heading for sunny Florida! The temps are supposed to be in the 60's and low 70's during the days. Woo hoo! The white stuff is pretty but I'm ready for a change. We are taking the camper down for a little mid-winter vacay with Alan's family.


No comments:
Post a Comment