I hate that it has been so long since my last post. I get on here everyday to read other blogs but just haven't gotten around to posting on my own. I actually have a good reason for that, but I'll get to it in a minute.
For now let's catch up . . .
Here are my kiddos looking adorable on Easter.
Emma Kate in her spring recital. She really is a good little dancer.
Just a few weeks ago I cohosted a baby shower for my sister Caitlin. My sister Ginny, Caitlin's sisters-in-law Jennie and Shelby and our good family friend Ann threw a shower for Caitlin at my parents house.
Caitlin's husband, Mack, is one of my dearest friends' brother. Shelby and I introduced Mack and Caitlin at Shelby's wedding! Mack and Caitlin are expecting a baby boy, Jet, in August. We are so excited and can't wait to meet him!
The same weekend as the shower Shelby and I headed to Florida to meet up with our ya-yas for our annual beach trip. Our group has gone to the beach every summer since 2000. Unfortunately, I've had to miss too many trips due to babies being born, scheduling conflicts, etc. So I was so thrilled to make it this year! I love these girls so much and treasure my time with them!
The real reason I haven't posted in nearly 3 months is because right after our cruise I had a feeling that something big was happening. It's the kind of feeling I've felt only twice before. Yep, we are having another baby!! For me, having a baby means 3 months of exhaustion and nausea. After working all day and taking care of 2 kids (most of this while Alan is working in the evening) I've hardly had the energy to make chicken nuggets for the kids. Posting on the blog just wasn't happening.
I have just hit the 16 week mark and am finally feeling human again. Praise Jesus! I try not to complain too much, because this is discomfort for a beautiful purpose. But one can only vomit so many times with a smile on her face. You know what I'm saying?

Your blog LIVES!
ReplyDeleteGreat catch up and love the pictures! Hoping I can catch up soon too. So happy you're feeling better:)! Love You!
ReplyDeleteOh, and the ballet pictures are my favorite. Please tell her I said that she looks like a professional ballerina!