Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Blogging Community for Everyone

Okay, so I really thought I would use this blog to post pictures of the kids and keep family and friends updated on all the fascinating details of . . . well, us. Turns out there hasn’t been much to report on that front in the last couple of days. Emma Kate went to dance last night, Alan worked late, I picked up a pizza and Emma Kate and I watched the Biggest Loser. Not exactly picture worthy stuff. Although, Emma Kate does look adorable in her dance clothes and tap shoes. I’ll be sure to post a pic of that soon.

I mentioned in my first post that I have been clueless about what a big deal blogging is. Seriously, people! The internet is crammed full of bloggers. The ones that I am currently following (see my blog list to the right) are each unique and special. I check each of them daily to see if there is a new post. They make me laugh and cry. My short exploration of the blogosphere has uncovered blogs of all kinds – happy and light, artsy and creative, deep and spiritual. Whatever you may be looking for is out there. Maybe you were aware of this, but it’s been news to me.

My first introduction to blogging was through my aunt (checkout her blog Motherscribe). Her blog is in the artsy and creative category. She has the gift. My aunt has an amazing story of how God grew her family through adoption and a surprise pregnancy after suffering through years of infertility. She expressed some of her pain of infertility through paintings which she shared at Motherscribe. She was recently contacted by another blogger, Monica LeMoine, who blogs at Knocked Up, Knocked Down about using some of her artwork on the cover for her online magazine, Exhale. Check it out.

Reading Motherscribe and Knocked Up, Knocked Down has opened my eyes to a community of women who have suffered immense pain in their struggles with infertility, miscarriage and stillborn infants. It’s not that I didn’t know these things happened, but to read the very deepest emotions of these women has been eye opening and heartbreaking. Monica’s writing is sharp and bold and raw and witty even when discussing her losses. She also has the gift. I’m glad to have found these blogs. I can cry for these women and I certainly do, but they will never know how I ache for them. I don’t dare leave a comment on their posts because I know there is nothing I can say. But I can pray for them. So, I am asking you to also pray for these women. Pray for all women who suffer these kinds of pain. Pray for their babies who are now with Jesus, but their mommies who are left to wonder why. Pray specifically for anyone in your life who has lost a baby or has longed for one that never came.

No comments:

Post a Comment