Sunday, April 26, 2009

Outside Fun

We have spent a lot of time outside this weekend enjoying the wonderful weather! Winter is FINALLY gone, spring is here and summer (my fav season) is right around the corner.

Emma Kate was camping with her grandparents Friday and Saturday night. We missed her like crazy, but I love that she is able to spend that special time with them. Her cousin Berkley (age 2 1/2) joined them Saturday night which was a real treat. Emma Kate and Grandie went for a hike, she made a friend whose family was camping near them, they roasted marshmellows. Hopefully, Grandie took some pictures and I can post them later.

Alan, Alden and I met up with our friends, Bill & Carrie, for dinner Friday night and then headed to Hobby Lobby. The boys weren't up for craft shopping so they hung out in the parking lot while the ladies went inside.




























We spent Saturday doing regular weekend things - worked in the yard, cleaned out the garage and went to the grocery store. That night we went out to our good friends Chris & Amy's house to get together with friends. Chris is a farmer and they live out in the country on a beautiful piece of land. I wish I had a better camera to really capture the scenery. We ate great food, played outside and then sat around a bonfire and roasted marshmellows. Fun times!!!





































































Emma came home today and the 4 of us have enjoyed a lazy Sunday. Here are the kiddos playing outside.






































Now I'm off to grill some salmon and veggies as this wonderful weekend draws to a close. Only 5 more days until next weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Mendy! I just found your blog on Mary's blog. So fun to read all about your family. Your children really are precious! Please tell Alan hello for me!

    Dana (Johnson) Key

    ReplyDelete