Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Spring Day

Today is day #2 of our spring break.

Yesterday we got a late start due to a 4 hour loss of power in the morning. Actually, the power outage was from 5:30 to 9:30 am, but when I was still laying around in my pajamas at 11:00 I kept blaming it on the loss of power. After Alden's nap we went to the library and then to rent a movie. I had my camera with me and had planned on snapping a few cute shots of Emma Kate pouring over all the books, but it was impossible to take pictures while simultaneously blocking Alden from climbing on the computer desks. So, no pictures. Needless to say, the trip to the library was short, but we checked out 10 fun books and Emma Kate got to sign her own library card. Very exciting.


Today, our big plans included shopping for flowers to plant in the front yard and meeting Alan for lunch. We got an earlier start this morning. Somehow, getting out of the house by 10:00 am during spring break seems so on-the-ballish even though nearly every other day of the year we are out of here at 6:55. Anyway, we picked up flowers from Lowe's and then met Alan at the Subway inside of Wal-Mart. Since it is physically impossible to go to Wal-Mart and not buy anything I decided to pick up a few groceries, too.


I don't normally buy my kids a toy or a treat when we run errands. This means that I say "no" about 82 times during a 30 minute trip, but I refuse to get into the habit of bribing my kids to behave. Please note, the I said "habit". This doesn't mean "never". Just clarifying. Well, today they each found the $2 bouncy ball section and I let them each pick out one. BAAAAAD idea. This meant that Emma Kate spent the rest of the trip chasing after Alden's ball. There were a lot of "I'm so sorry" and "Please, excuse me" while she ran hither and yonder. I should have been a good patron and taken Alden's ball away, but then everyone in the store would have been subjected to his wailing. So, I figured it was better to let EK chase the ball. What would I do without her?

The whole point of this post was to post the pictures of our flower planting activity. So, here they are.

Before . . .
















After































I'm certain Southern Living will be calling soon to take some pictures. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment