We can't take pictures during the performance so some of these pictures are from the dress rehearsal. It's kind of a bummer that we can't take pictures during the performance, but it's also nice that I can just sit back and watch instead of making sure I get the perfect shot. Of course, pictures and a video can be purchased from the professionals hired to shoot the show. Nice.
Mimi and Papa couldn't be here this weekend so they sent Emma Kate a beautiful arrangement of flowers to wish her luck before the show. We bought her some flowers as did Grandie and Poppie to give her after her performance so this little girl was feeling pretty special. They also really brighten up my little kitchen.
Later that day it was time for poor Millie to get a good bath. She was sick last week and we hadn't been able to let her in the house for several days. We were all missing her and wanted to get her cleaned up. Alden especially enjoyed helping Daddy give her a bath.
This Mother's Day morning I got to sleep in until 8!! Alan and the kids cooked me a wonderful breakfast and gave me my mother's day cards. We went to lunch with Alan's parents after church and then Emma Kate and I did some shopping. It was a really nice day.
My gift will hopefully be coming soon and all of you get to enjoy it with me!!! What I REALLY wanted for mother's day is get a custom design for my blog. My friend Shelby had a designer make over her blog, Bringing Up Madison, and since I want to be like Shelby I decided to be a copy cat. No seriously. Her blog looks SOOOOO cute and I immediately knew I wanted to get one too. However, I hesitated because one thing I really love about blogging is that it is free so I don't have to feel guilty about spending money to do it. But I figured if I called it my Mother's Day gift then it's justified! Right? So, be expecting a fresh new look for Into the Woods. I can't wait!
However, I did get one gift from Emma Kate this weekend. (Actually, she wanted me to open it Friday afternoon because there was no way she could wait until Sunday). She gave me a trivet with her handprint on it. It's really good. And when I say it's good it's not in a I'm-her-mom-so-I-have-to-say-it's-good kind of way. It's REALLY good. And it looks wonderful next to the handpainted cookie jar she and Alan made for me on my first mother's day.
In case you can't tell - the cookie jar has a butterfly made out of Emma Kate's feet prints at 8 months old. Love it!!
We're wrapping up another great weekend. We've got some fun things planned this week so I'm sure I'll post again soon.
Much love!!! (I never really know how to "sign off" at the end of each post. I feel like I'm finishing a letter so I'm going to go with that.)

Happy Mother's Day! Love you!
ReplyDeleteYour Trivet is BEAUTIFUL and matches your cookie jar perfectly!!! I'm glad you had a happy mother's day, you deserve it!
ReplyDelete