Friday, May 8, 2009

TGIF

I am so thankful Friday is finally here!!! Alan has been out of town since Monday morning for work so it has been a busy, crazy, stressful week. It's always difficult when I lose my partner for a full week but this week seemed especially challenging. Emma Kate had dress rehearsal for her dance recital on Thursday which lasted a ridiculous length of time - more than 2 hours!! Her dance studio runs a tight ship and is uber organized, but seriously - I thought 2 hours was insane. Millie (our dog) had some of her sensitive stomach issues this week which had me rinsing her off and the inside of her kennel this week (once at 3:30 am.) Fun times! During one incident Emma Kate and I were in the garage and I was kind of frozen while I tried to determine where to start cleaning. Emma Kate, being the perceptive little thing that she is asked me, "Mom, do you wish dad was here?" Right on, girlfriend. When Alan got home this afternoon he took Millie to the vet so that we could pay $150 to get the "official" diagnosis that, yep, she has a sensitive stomach. Thanks doc!!


Despite the hectic schedule and unforseen crapola (hee, hee) I do have some fun things to report.

Emma Kate's very, very special toy is Puppy. Puppy has been with us for many years and is her security blanket. When we are at home he is never too far from Emma and he always sleeps with her. I don't allow her to take him outside of the house to church or the grocery store, but he often rides in the car and "protects" it while we are out and about. Alan takes Emma Kate to school each morning and while she is in school Puppy rides around with Daddy all day and catches bad guys. This is how Puppy rolls at our house. Well, since Alan was gone this week Puppy accompanied me to work each day. (I probably shouldn't cave to this, but Puppy is a part of EK and she is brought to tears at the idea of puppy being at home alone each day.) Here he is!!!



Today I was story mom for Emma Kate's class. We picked out 3 books from home for me to read, Fiona the Flower Girl, The President and Mom's Apple Pie, and Emma Kate. Yes, we have a book titled Emma Kate. Great book. Emma was proud to have me there and I enjoyed being able to do it.



Tomorrow is Emma Kate's recital so you KNOW I will have some pictures to post about that. I'm looking forward to a nice Mother's day on Sunday. Happy Mother's day to all the mommies out there!!

2 comments: