Friday, July 17, 2009

Back to School

I went to our local college today to register for fall semester!!! Yep, that's my big goal. I am going back to school.

My goal is to hopefully get into the nursing program either fall of 2010 or 2011. I am still sort of shocked that I have decided I want to be a nurse. It never even crossed my mind when I was in college the first time (kind of wish it had since mom and dad were paying the bills back then). :) But since I've had the kids I have developed a real love for women's health, particularly labor and delivery. I loved the process of delivering my babies. I think it's an awesome thing.

Here is the tricky part. After meeting with the dean of nursing I have learned that there is only ONE class I need to complete this fall in order to be eligible for application to the fall 2010 cohort. The problem is that all of the evening Anatomy classes are full. I am currently on the waiting list. So, please say a special prayer that I am able to get into this class.

Nothing is a done deal yet. All the stars have to align just right in order for all of this to work. The biggest issue is that once I am in the nursing program I can't work and take the full load of classes. So, Alan and I will be working very hard to make that a possibility.

This is an exciting endeavor and I am so eager to get started!! I have spent more time praying about each and every aspect of this goal and just asking God to bless it.

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I am in shock and SO excited for you. I am so proud of you for following your dream! You can do it and I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Mendy!
    I LOVE school and being a student. Sometimes I miss it. . .
    Good luck!! And congrats on your new career goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck to you! I myself took the leap and signed up this year for the first time. I have quite a bit of classes to take before I can start my x-ray tech program, since my stupid math test came out bad (15 years since math will do that to you!) I think I will have to do 3 years instead of 2. But I am excited. The bad part is I live an hour from the college and for now I need the classes to be online but the math is full. I am hoping there will be drops!

    ReplyDelete