Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Campout, a Birthday Party and Hallween

Yes, It's me. I'm sure you thought I abandoned this blog never to be heard from again.

Not so.

I've been checking in to read my fav blogs, but just haven't had much time to update my own.

Here is the break down of the last several weeks: work, study, find something edible to feed the children (at this point all hope of a nutritious, balanced meal has gone out the window - it's strictly survival food), read books, bathe, fall into bed exhausted, repeat.

But I have to say we're all doing great. The kids are wonderful as ever. EK continues to thrive in school, Alden just turned 2, I am hanging on to an "A" in my class, and Alan works sooooooooo hard to bring home the bacon. Life is good.

Here are some recent pictures.

Alan and Emma Kate camped out in the backyard during her fall break. Alden and I joined them for roasted hot dogs and marshmellows.


We had a small birthday party for Alden's 2nd birthday yesterday. My entire family was here for the weekend to celebrate with us. We were all crammed in my little house, but I was so happy to have everyone with us.
The Auburn t-shirts were a gift from Aunt Caiti.




Halloween 2009 was our best yet. EK and I had a lot of fun getting her costume just right!! She looks pretty great! I was so glad for her that most people knew EXACTLY who she was. I almost thought we weren't going to have a litle super hero. When I showed Alden's costume to him, he backed away from it and said, "I no want it." But with a little bribery I was able to get it on him.


Is Mackenzie not the cutest little ladybug you've ever seen!!! She was adorable as ever.
Sunday's (Mack and Caitlin's dog) costume didn't last long, but it sure made a great picture with the kiddos.







I'll try to post again sometime before Christmas!!!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures Mendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute!! You know.. I see pics of Alden all the time.. thought he looked like someone.. (thinking it was you or Alan...but it wasn't clicking..).. Well today it hit me! YOUR MOM!!!! Have y'all heard that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Blog Update!!! The camping pictures are adorable and I totally understand your day to day repeat schedule, replace studying with tutoring and I'm there with ya! I found a great crockpot blog if you want it I'll pass it on! :o) LOVE the Auburn shirts and EK and Alden look Awesome in their Halloween Costumes! Kate took a lot of bribery to get in hers too! :) Love You Tons!

    ReplyDelete