I drug the family up to Chattanooga yesterday to do a little shopping. Emma Kate and I picked up Christmas gifts for her teachers, I got a couple of cute sweaters from Target (it was a no go on finding a pair of jeans) and we got lots of good ideas for Santa. Then we dropped off the kids at Grandie and Poppie's for the night so that we could visit some friends in Calhoun. Our friends, Bill and Carrie, had a low-key get together at their house. Bill built a great bonfire and we commenced with more chillaxin. Ahhhhhh.
This morning Alan and I enjoyed a rare morning of sleeping until our bodies told us it was time to wake up. No early bird kids to pounce on our beds and immediately started asking for breakfast and entertainment. Of course, as soon as I woke up I missed the kids, but it was a real treat to get to sleep in. Ahhhhhhhh.
We spent a few hours outside this morning and then came in for lunch and naps. Alden barely made it through lunch . . .
Oh, I almost forgot . . . I went into my anatomy exam not sure if I had studied enough or if I had studied all the right stuff. However, I felt pretty good about when it was over. After waiting through a very long, agonizing Friday our grades were finally posted. I got a 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it. I never got a 100 on any test in college the first time. I can't express how empowering it is to be a working mom with a husband who works insane hours and be making an A in this class. It's something I wasn't sure I could do and it's a wonderful feeling to be doing it.
We may be putting up Christmas decoration next weekend, so hopefully I can snap a few cute pictures!!

Oh Mendy.. I'm so proud! Congrats.. that is a huge accomplishment!!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE THE PICTURE OF ALDEN! PRICELESS!
Way to go Smartie Pants!!
ReplyDeleteMajor props on the A+!!!!! You deserve it and I'm very proud of you! Love you!!!
ReplyDeleteHave to say the children were great. Loved Alden's snuggling Sunday a.m. -Poppie and I both got some. Emma K is always a snuggle bug but it is a rare thing for us to get Alden to snuggle. Slept all night without a peep and got up at 7:15 - not bad! Proud of your 100. R
ReplyDelete