Sunday, November 22, 2009

Crazy Saturday, Lazy Sunday

Saturday morning we hit the ground running with a big trip to Kroger to do some grocery shopping. Our good friends, Derek and Melissa, went to a coupon class a few weekends ago and we have been trying to learn from them how to use coupons effectively. We gave it a good shot and saved some money, but I still think we have a lot to learn. I may blog more about this as I learn more. It's a lot harder than I thought!!

Emma Kate was invited to a birthday party Saturday afternoon for her friend Ava. EK and Ava are not in the same class this year, but they were in kindergarten together.

The birthday girl ~ Ava



Isn't this a cute birthday cake?





Pretty girls



Close up of EK




All the kids with Ava's mom.




Saturday night we headed up the mountain to eat dinner with Alan's parents. They are camping until after Thanksgiving. We ate a great dinner and enjoyed sitting around the campfire. I'm not really an outdoorsy girl, but I am coming around to this. It's great family time!

Aren't these 3 kiddos adorable? Berkley won't look at a camera for ANYTHING! All the jumping up and down, acting silly and calling her name is pointless. Stinker!



I almost thought I had a good picture of Berkley smiling at me, but she caught me and turned her head at the last minute.




Something was very funny!



Is this not a perfect picture of childhood?



Alden always wants to help. My little man.





I love this picture!


Obviously, this is my fav!




post signature

3 comments:

  1. Great Pictures Mendy. We had a great time Sat night - hope you all did too. We cleaned out a lot of food so I think everyone enjoyed! R

    ReplyDelete
  2. That birthday cake is 'da bomb! I'm going to show a picture of that to my husband in hopes that he'll bake a similar one for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete