Sunday, November 29, 2009

It's Beginning to Feel a lot Like Christmas

The Christmas season has officially kicked off at our house!! The Christmas bug has bitten and I am enjoying it. There is nothing worse than feeling as though you are being drug, kicking and screaming, into the holiday season. We pulled out all of our decorations and bought our tree this weekend. The wreaths are on the windows, stockings hung and tree decorated. A big chunk of Christmas shopping is even done. It is definitely beginning to feel a lot like Christmas.

Here is a little peak into our house . . .

Here is a police officer figurine I bought for Alan our first or second Christmas. I had planned on buying a new one each year, but this is the only one we have.



This is Emma Kate's "activity" scene. She has called them "activity" scenes for years and can't seem to break the habit. If you hadn't already guessed, this goes in her room.


Our mantle. Each stocking was made by Mimi.

I love our Christmas tree. We no longer use an artificial tree and have begun the tradition of picking out one as a family. I was aiming for a frasier fur this year, but EK would have nothing to do with it. She said she didn't like the color. ???? But she gets to pick it out and I think she did a great job.

Each and every ornament on our tree has special meaning. My mom gave me and my sisters each a bag of handmade ornaments she made the first year she and my dad were married, Alan's grandmother gave each of her grandchildren an ornament with their name and the year each year, EK has LOTS of handmade ornaments from school and church and there are a few baby's first Christmas ornaments. It is my goal to get more personalized ornaments for Alden. He and I both have unique names and can NEVER find anything with our names. I don't want him to feel left out, so I will be on the lookout.

It may not make the pages of Southern Living, but to me it's the most beautiful tree I can imagine.


I just bought this wreath this year. I love the berries!


Our little porch. (I'm still very unfamiliar with my camera and had no idea what kind of lighting to use.)


This is the first year we decorated this tree. It was a lot of work (for Alan) but I like how it turned out.



Photo Christmas cards are one of my VERY FAVORITE THINGS!!! (Can you tell I'm excited?) Seriously, I love getting just the right picture and finding a great card. Just as much as sending out our cards, I love receiving photo cards from other friends and family. We have a lot of friends that we don't get to see as often as we'd like and getting their cards makes me feel close to them. I love Christmas cards so much that I usually leave them taped to my refrigerator long after Christmas and when I take them down I keep them all each year in a box.

Our Christmas cards have been ordered and I can't wait to send them out, but until then I thought I share with you a few of the pictures that didn't make the cut.




Notice how Alden is trying to push Emma Kate out of this picture.

Have a great week, y'all!!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with personalized, special ornaments. I like places that you can type whatever you want. Here are some of my favorite places to order: http://www.personalizationmall.com/ - LOVE them. They are super fast and their products are really nice for the price. You can even do photo ornaments.
    Also, http://www.christmasspiritshop.com/
    I have tons from there, too. And I have even ordered some for Spencer post dates. He was born in January and by the time his first Christmas rolled around, I was the only one who got him an ornament. Jessa was 2 months old her first Christmas, so she has like 20 "baby's 1st" ornaments.

    I am not trying to butt in, but I just love personalized things and it is hard to find some of our names, too in the pre-made ones!

    Oh and I love your decor!! Very Christmasy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! I keep all the old photo cards too in a gingerbread house box. Francisco thinks I'm crazying for doing it but I'm like you and they make me feel close to everyone! Glad to know I'm not alone! :o) Wishing you a Merry Christmas Season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mendy I love your decorations - the outside tree is great. Can't wait to see the Christmas Card and EK's picture with Santa. Luv u all - R

    ReplyDelete