Friday, February 12, 2010

Finally. Something worth blogging about.

Hello!!! Long time no blog! I can't tell you the shame I feel for being absent from my blog for so many weeks. It's embarassing, really. Well, it's not exactly that I have been absent - Oh, I've been doing plenty of blog reading just not so much blogging doing. I've spent a few minutes each night checking in on my fav blogs, and each time I have felt a wave of guilt for ignoring my own blog. Mostly I've just been too exhausted to put in the effort to upload pictures and try to come up with cutesy posts, but in my defense I've had exactly ZERO worth blogging about.

Christmas is over and the routine has been in full force for about 6 weeks. I'm taking another night class this semester which is a little later in the evening than the last one. It zaps a lot of my energy. School and work, work and school. That's pretty much it.

However, we did make it to a Super Bowl party last weekend. Our friends Kim and Tim hosted at their house and we had a good time. Granted, I didn't wach much of the actual game, but had a great time visiting with the ladies and munching on yummy chips, dips, hummus, brownies and a few veggies thrown in.


I don't know if the parties you attend are like this, but our typical routine is for the ladies to congregate in the kitchen and the guys stake out the living room. It was no different this time.





(There is no significance to this picture, I just liked Kim's "decoration" pots and pans")

This was the atmosphere in the kitchen
The game room had a more serious feel. I'm not sure they wanted their pictures taken. :)

Being the very unenthusiastic NFL football fans that we are (we're slightly more interested in SEC) we didn't really have a team to cheer for, but we ended up supporting the Saints and it was nice to see them win. I don't really care about football, but I actually teared up watching Brees with his son after the Saints won. So sweet!
The kids and I will be home next week for mid-winter break and we will be spending part of the week with my family in a cabin in the mountains so I'm hopeful I'll have more energy to blog and topics worth blogging about.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment