Yesterday Alan and I took the kids to Dahlonega to see where we went to college. Although Alan and I were technically in college at the same time for a few months (beginning of my freshman year, very end of his last year) and knew of each other we didn't start dating until the next year. But I love that we share the same college.
It was neat to take the kids there and tell them about it. Since they are 6 and 2 they could not have cared less about a bunch of old buildings, but they did get t-shirts, a snack and a drink so they went with it. This is the college my parents, sister and grandparents attended as well. Nothing would thrill us more than for our kids to eventually love it as much as we do. We are trying to train them young.
The dorm I lived in my junior year has recently been torn down. (Sniff, sniff) When I was there it was the sorority dorm. I only lived there one year, but it was so much fun. The college has expanded SOOOOOO much in the last ten years. I love my memories of the 4 years I was there, but it's great to see it growing and staying competitive with bigger universities.
After a short walk around campus (it was unbelievably hot) and a trip to the school store we met up with my friend Michele and her little girl, Kate. We ate lunch at our favorite mexican restaurant (the same one Alan and I went to the weekend of our anniversary). Unfortunately, I completely forgot to get a picture of us.
After lunch we headed to the outlet mall in Dawsonville to do a little shopping (man, that place can be dangerous - we nearly walked away with new furniture).
It was a great family day.

Oh how I love it, too! We need to take our kids there.
ReplyDeleteOh seeing where Sanford was makes me so sad! I love that school too, and can't wait to take Baby O there one day.
ReplyDeleteIt's great to take your children to the college. We can't believe how much growth there has been just in the past year! We love NGCSU and Dahlonega and are so glad that our daughter and new son-in-law went to school there. I imagine that they will always have a special place in their heart for NG just like you and your husband.
ReplyDeleteOh, I had my camera too but my fussy uncooperative toddler seems to always win out in making me forget to use it when I want a picture! You and Alan are such great parents and although I was SO sad that Kate and I couldn't visit longer, it was wonderful spending time with you and your sweet family. Love You~Michele
ReplyDelete