Monday, September 20, 2010

Potty Training


We did a whole lot of nothing this weekend. 

There's a great beginning, right?  You're glued to your seats now aren't you?

I know you know how it goes.  It's always go, go, go.  Sometimes the thought of having an empty agenda can be the best therapy in the world.



It helped a lot that Alan had the entire weekend off as well.  Now that he's back on patrol he doesn't get many weekends off.  

Since Alan had the weekend off I thought this would be a good time to really get serious about potty training Alden. (I told you this was gonna be great stuff.)  When I potty trained EK she wasn't yet in daycare and we set aside several days to focus solely on potty training.  I typically have a cold turkey approach to these types of transitions.  No pull-ups and no diapers.  No going back. 

I wasn't confident this same approach would work with Alden.  Everyone says boys are harder than girls.  EK wasn't difficult, but we definitely had our share of accidents.


But so far things are going great.  He can clearly hold his bladder for several hours at a time (a good sign a child is ready to potty train), he has used the potty independently and is really proud of his accomplishments.  (He has even begun praising all of our "accomplishments" as well.)



I'm really excited about his progress.  I don't mind changing diapers, but since he is about to be 3 I knew we didn't need to put if off any longer.



You may be wondering what in the world these pictures have to do with potty training.  Well, nothing except that I didn't think it would be appropriate to put pictures of my little man sitting on the potty for all the internet to see.  The kids were more than happy to strike a few poses to get some filler photos.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I've said it before and I'll say it again - what beautiful grandchildren I have. Love the pictures and I'm so proud of Alden. Love to U all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I dread this! I should have started with Charlie by now, but he is NOT showing ANY signs of being ready.

    ReplyDelete