Saturday, October 2, 2010

South Georgia

Last weekend the kids and I headed way down south for a my dad's annual family reunion.  Alan couldn't make it because of work.  I don't usually mind traveling without Alan, but I have to admit I was a little nervous since this was Alden's first trip without diapers. 



I was prepared with his little potty, a towel in case of an accident and an extra set of clothes all within easy reach should I need them.  I planned plenty of stops along the way so he could go to the bathroom.  And do you know what happened?  Nothing!  It was a total breeze and he was a complete champ!  I don't know if I just lucked out but there has been very little "training" during this potty training phase.


I took exactly zero pictures of anyone else at the reunion and spent most of the time outside shooting these shots of Emma Kate, Alden and my niece Mackenzie.


I think it's funny how different EK and A look from Mackenzie.  They hardly look related.  Mackenzie looks like a girl version of her dad - bright blue eyes and fair skin.



EK has gotten very posey when her picture is taken.  She is getting so old!  Most of the time I have to tell her to give me a sweet smile instead of trying to look like a movie star.  Is this normal for her age?


Alden loved finding things to throw into the lake.  I chose not to think about all the duck poop he was likely walking through with his bare feet.  Not that it really matters much because at a stop at Zaxby's on the way home I caught him licking the booth seat!!  What's a little duck poop, right?


Mackenzie was completely exhausted at this point but she really wanted to hang with the big kids.


I love this face Alden is making!  I actually think he was trying to smile. 


I think EK would have stayed on the see-saw (teeter-totter?) all afternoon.


This is my Nana and her husband, Bud with their great grandchildren



This is just moments before the kids and I left my grandfather's
house.  Alden was MELTING DOWN.  You can see how happy he
was to have his picture taken.  Fun times!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Great Pictures Mendy!!! WOW on the potty training. I hope Madison is that easy. She sure doesn't care right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelby - Wait until she is almost 3 like I did!! I am really shocked how well it's gone.

    ReplyDelete