Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cruise - Part I

This time last week I was drifting blissfully around the Caribbean.  What a wonderful time!


To be honest, I wasn't so sure if I would LOVE the crusing experience.  Vacation for me has always been the beach with my family.  Anything involving other people or site-seeing is a "trip".  But a "vacation" can only be defined as sun, sand, ocean and the people I love most in the world.


Most people I talked to said they loved cruises, but I wasn't sure how I would feel about being on a boat with 2000 other people.  Also, I used to get horrible motion sickness as a child and was afraid of being sea sick.

The first day of the cruise was overcast so we spent the day exploring the ship.  The food, games, casino, drinks.  It didn't take me long to realize it was going to be a great week!  (See fruity concoction below)


We had the same waiter every night (except the last).  Ceasar was wonderful!!  This is Ginny getting her birthday cake and sung to by the servers.


Our boat stopped in Cozumel and Calica, Mexico.  In Cozumel we did a 3 hour snorkeling/beach excursion.


We loved the excursion, but would have loved it even more if it had been about twice as long.  I would have treasured a little caribbean nap in this:

And the hammocks were calling my name too.


But if there is sun and a beach to enjoy you can bet that's where I'm going to be.  I could have stayed here all day.

Lunch in Cozumel

 Fun times

  I will post part II this weekend! 

post signature

2 comments: