Today the kids were encouraged to wear their best western outfit. We had to hunt down these boots last weekend because her old ones (which I just bought in the fall) were in terrible shape. I thought this dress was cute (and not so westerny that it can't be worn with sandles to church). Isn't she a cutie!!
Spring break is right around the corner and this little family is ready for it!! We've got some big plans. A couple of years ago my sister decided that she wanted to go on a cruise to celebrate her 30th birthday and she wanted to invite her family and friends to join her. Because I am a good sister I consented to giving her her birthday wish and agreed to spend a week of indulgence and relaxation with her. I'm selfless that way.
My parents generously offered to keep the kids for us and have planned so many wonderful things for them to do they won't even know we're not there. I asked Emma Kate if she was going to miss us and she couldn't even pretend that was a possibility. I know that's a good thing.
This will be the longest vacation Alan and I have ever taken without the kids, including our honeymoon. In fact, since EK was born we have rarely ever gone anywhere for more than a night.
The count down is on!
(And if anyone actually ever still reads this blog I will try not to wait months before posting spring break pictures.)


What a great sister you are! I am soooooo jealous. We will be flying to Disney for the week. I am excited, but already exhausted just thinking about it. Have a fantastic time!
ReplyDeleteI'm a regular reader of your blogs....hope you have a wonderful spring break....sounds like so much fun!
ReplyDeleteYou FINALLY posted again! Can't wait for the cruise!!!
ReplyDelete