5:00 am. - Alarm goes off
5:00-6:00 - shower, iron clothes for me and kids, put on makeup, make coffee, make my lunch
6:00-6:50 - wake up Emma Kate and Alden, feed Izzie, make sure big kids get dressed and brush teeth, remind EK to make sure she has her homework, load kids, Izzie's bottles, pump, lunch, water and backpacks into the van (remember dance bag if it's Tuesdday)
7:00-7:30 - (we are usually running about 5 minutes behind) drop Alden off at daycare, meet Alan in the parking lot of my work to hand off EK and Izzie. Alan takes Izzie to daycare and EK to school
(On days Alan doesn't work I have to leave the house a little bit earlier to take Izzie to daycare, Alden to daycare and EK comes to work with me until I leave at 8:10 to take her to school)
7:30-4:30 - Work - I usually don't take a lunch break because I take 3 breaks to pump milk. On Tuesdays I leave early to take EK to dance
4:30-5 - I try to leave work as close to 4:30 as possible so that I can run get EK and Alden. Izzie's daycare is on the other side of town so it's my goal to be pulling into daycare by 5:00
5:10-5:30 - Drive home
5:30 - When we walk in the door I let the big kids go give Alan a kiss to wake him up (he is usually still sleeping from working 3rd shift the night before). Try to come up with something for dinner.
6:00 - 7:00 - Feed Izzie, eat dinner
7:00-7:30 - baths and pajamas, make sure EK has done any homework
7:30-8:30 - I try to have a little bit of down time before the kids go to bed. Everyone thinks I'm a little nuts, but I want dinner, baths, homework, etc to get done as quickly as possible so that we can have a little bit of time to relax together.
8:30 - Big kids brush teeth, say prayers and go to bed
9:00 - Feed Izzie and put her to bed, wash pump and make bottles for the next day
9:30 - Kiss Alan goodbye as he leaves for work
9:30-10 - Try to unwind before I go to bed, play words with friends, facebook, read blogs, etc
10:00 - MY BEDTIME!! Ahhhhhh . . . .
2:00 am - Alarm goes off to pump breastmilk
5:00 am - Time to do it all again!!
I would love to get rid of the middle of the night pumping, but I'm determined to give Izzie only breastmilk. I struggled so much with keeping up with the demand with the big kids. I have been determined to store up as much breastmilk as possible for Izzie. It's kind of wearing me out, but I really want to breastfeed for a year.
As exhausting as most days are I wouldn't trade them for anything. I know that these are the days I'll look back on and wish I could live again. I'm so blessed to have these 3 beautiful children, a supportive and loving husband and a great job that allows me so much flexibility.


This post just made me really tired. Way to go super Mama!
ReplyDeleteI feel like I just got in the trenches with you. I haven't been on my own yet.. and I'm scared!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are so right Mendy - you will look back on these days as the best and you will also wonder how you did it! You are a great Mom -R
ReplyDelete