Friday, June 19, 2009

New Furniture . . . FINALLY!!

Alan and I have had the same living room furniture since we got married 9 years ago. I remember when we went to buy it and thought it was oh-so-cute. It looked young and fresh - just like us! I had no idea about decorating or what my colors were. I just liked the set so we got it.

Nine LOOOOONG years later the pitiful couch has endured more dribbles and spills than any piece of furniture. I have to admit that I am usually the spiller. I don't know how it happens, but something ALWAYS misses my mouth and gets on either me or the surrounding area.

I am not a major decorator. I know if I had more time and money then I would probably "get into it" more. The main thing I want is for my friends and family to be comfortable in my home. But I knew we needed to get new furniture when I began to dread having people over because I was so embarassed by the living room.

It has served us well but it's time to say goodbye.



(This picture was taken after we had moved the loveseat to the hallway to make room for the new one.)


ALLELUIAH!!! Can you actually hear the angels singing???? I sure can.


We moved the recliner my parents bought us when Alden was born from his room into the livingroom. (The lighting is really bad in this picture. My walls are not that yellow.)


I am so pleased with it. Emma said it feels like a new house. I agree!!!

2 comments:

  1. OH MENDY!! That looks GREAT!!!! Y'all did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! David and I just bought each other new couches for our anniversary - ours were bought in 2001 and have moved a lot. AND I am the spiller, too. I was so glad when I had kids because then people would assume it was them who were spilling things instead of the truth -it's me! I love the new room! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete