We headed over the mountain on Thursday and ate lunch with Alan's aunt and uncle who live over that way. Carlton and Betty retired several years ago and built a beautiful house on the water. Alan and I have had every intention of visiting them for several years, but just hadn't made it. We were so glad to finally see their house and get a chance to sit down and visit with them.
After lunch we met up with mom and dad and made our way to the cabin. I can't believe I didn't get a picture of our cabin. It was beautiful!! It had plenty of room for all 11 of us, a hot tub, swing set for the kids, well stocked kitchen and a gorgeous view.
I love this picture of Alden and not just because of his outrageous adorableness, but also because the shirt he is wearing used to be my dad's when he was a toddler. Isn't that so special!!! My parents had 3 girls so none of us got to wear it and so far Alden is the only grandson. I think he looks like such a little man! I'm so glad my mom held onto it for all these years.
Even though this was our "winter" vacation it felt more like a "winter-on-the-verge-of-spring" vacation. All the snow from the week before was gone and the temp was in the low 50's. We loved the atmosphere of the fireplaces, but had to keep opening windows and doors because it was so hot!! But it made for ideal playing outside conditions.
Papa and Alden going on a little nature walk
All the dry cold air does crazy things with Emma Kate's hair and it may or may not have been brushed that morning
Mackenzie enjoyed being outside with the big kids
Playing some pool . . .
Enjoying the hot tub . . . (Alden called it fwimmin)
I didn't have a bathing suit for Alden so he just wore some pajama bottoms
We roasted some marshmellows in the outside fireplace.
Hee, hee
Emma Kate got her own pink Camelbak for Christmas and this was the perfect opportunity to use it. Alan took her on a little hike Saturday afternoon. Dad and Caitlin went with them. I'll try to post some pictures of the actual hike later since those pics are on a different camera.


Gorgeous weather...this trip looks so nice! Relaxing and mellow. I miss the east coast mountains.
ReplyDelete