Saturday, December 18, 2010

They didn't make the cut




If you know me in real life or read this post last year then you know I LOVE Christmas cards.  Actually LOVE isn't a strong enough word for them.  It's kind of an obsession.  I love creating my own cards and receiving them from family and friends.

All Christmas cards are nice, but the personalized photo cards are the best.  I usually plan my Christmas picture and design the card around Thanksgiving so that I can mail them out just as the Christmas season is kicking off.  I was way late this year and as the days ticked by the pressure began to build.

I wanted to family shot, but one morning before church I snapped these of the kids just in case I was able to get "the one".

Cute - but definitely not Christmas card worthy

Thank you, Alden, for that look.


Now that Alan goes to work at night we don't have as much time in the evening to spend as a family.  But I set the tripod up one night and made everyone change clothes (I wanted coordinated clothes, but not too matchy matchy) to try to get my picture.


This one isn't bad, but what is Emma Kate's hair doing?


I actually used this picture and designed a card, but didn't use it.  I didn't completely love it and when I showed it to Alan and EK they agreed.  EK said her smiled looked weird and Alan said Alden looked constipated.  Nice.


Finally, I decided to scratch the idea of a full family picture and put the kids in their Christmas outfits and started snapping again. 


Neither of these pictues made the final card, but it was from this "photo shoot" that I finally found "the one".


I just mailed my cards yesterday so I will wait another day or two before I post the final card (try not to let the anticipation overwhelm you).


Merry Christmas!


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Oh, girl. I finally gave up on taking them myself. It would stress me out! The ones you posted are great! I love that they participated! I never have all three participate! :)

    ReplyDelete